‘Hefford’ A Mother Of 2 Dies Form Too Much Intake Of Protein

Hefford was preparing for a bodybuilding competition in September and consuming various protein supplements, her mother, Michelle White, confirms. Hefford had told her mom in June that she was feeling tired and “weird.”

Sneaky 📸

A post shared by • MEEGAN HEFFORD • (@meeganheff) on

said to her, ‘I think you’re doing too much at the gym, calm down, slow it down,” 


Hefford was found unconscious in her apartment on June 19 and rushed to the hospital, where it took doctors two days to diagnose her with urea cycle disorder. By that point, the buildup of ammonia in her blood and fluid in her brain was too much, and she was declared brain dead the next day.

Coroners listed “intake of bodybuilding supplements” as one of Hefford’s causes of death, along with the disorder.
Her family is now calling for tighter restrictions on protein supplements.

“I know there are people other than Meegan who have ended up in hospital because they’ve overloaded on supplements,” White said. “The sale of these products needs to be more regulated.”

Hefford was studying paramedicine while working part-time at a hospital. She leaves behind her two children, a 7-year-old daughter and a 5-year-old son.

They melt my heart 💕👫 Everyday without them is a struggle 💔 #lilyjayde #steeleman #mummasgirl #mummasboys #my🌎

A post shared by • MEEGAN HEFFORD • (@meeganheff) on

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s